Held on Wednesday 30th March, live-streamed from The Dome, Napier City Business Inc celebrated 10 Star categories representing the “stars” of businesses in our CBD.
Businesses and the public could link in via Facebook or Youtube to discover who won ‘live’ and celebrate with them.
Over twenty finalists were delivered an Awards goodie box prior to share with their colleagues on the night in lieu of being there in person.
Guest speaker, Katie Nimon, shared her personal journey from being part of the Nimon transport dynasty to a new outlook on her career with the seachange required with the family run business being sold. The personal sadness she felt moving on - and her empathy with many Napier businesses and jobseekers going through something similar with the effect of Covid on their business and future planning.
The Award category winners are:
- Napier City Business Inc, New Business Star – Stuffed Deliciousness
- Spark Business Hawke’s Bay, Innovation Star - Archie’s Enigma Escape Rooms
- Napier City Council Community Star – SPCA Op Shop
- Mark Evans Bayley Commercial, Landlord Star - Wallace Developments
- Navigator/Auctus Accounting, Team Star – Spex Eyewear
- Wallace Development Ltd Retail Star - joint winners - Max Fashions & Elaine’s on Emerson
- Hawke’s Bay Regional Council, Sustainability Star - Hapī Cafe
- NZME’s, Business Services Star - ASB Bank
- EIT, Hospitality Star - Market St Bar & Eatery
- Skills Consulting, Wellness & Beauty Star - RM Hair
Judges, Jeremy Burkett of Spark Business Hawke’s Bay, Shiona Dyer of Dale Carnegie and Bill Roberts of Napier City Council commented they felt humbled and privileged to meet the finalists and hear their stories in what has been trying times for all due to the global pandemic and its effects on people and business.
For more info about the awards, see Napier City Business Inc.