Do you have a great business idea?
Are you looking for direction on how to start or grow your new business?
Hawke's Bay Chamber of Commerce deliver a Start-up Business Course designed for new start-ups and emerging businesses.
Our aim is to support you in your journey and arm you with the tools for success in mastering a business plan, marketing, finance, and the confidence to pull it off.
This course is delivered in several locations across the region, we have partnered with Central Hawke's Bay District Council and Wairoa Young Achiever's Trust with the intention of furthering the skills and confidence of locals to support them in their dreams to run their own business.
The course comprises of 6 sessions, delivered weekly with the help of specialist facilitators.
- Session 1: Ideation – to understand the ‘Why’ that drives your business
- Session 2: Business Planning - develop a vision and mission statement that wraps around your 'Why'
- Session 3: Market Research - learn how to research existing competition, economic or environmental factors, and consumer behaviour
- Session 4: Finance - learn valuable financial planning skills
- Session 5: Marketing - to plan promotional and sales methods
- Session 6: Pitch - present and pitch your business idea to an audience
Following the completion of the programme, participants are matched with a business mentor to share knowledge, experience and assist participants with bringing their business ideas to life.
“Starting your own business is a scary but empowering way to both create an income for your family, and build something pretty special. Supporting our locals to do this successfully will help build a thriving community and it is great to see the Mayor’s Taskforce for Jobs working on such great partnerships. Let’s all remember to shop local and support brave people like these entrepreneurs.” Alex Walker, Central Hawke’s Bay Mayor
Contact Hawke's Bay Chamber of Commerce today to find out about the next course, near you.